Sunday, August 4, 2013

I lost 30 pounds???

YES! I did!

Since I see myself everyday, I rely on other people's word that I've lost weight and that darned scale. Well, the scale doesn't measure muscle vs fat. When I started my journey I started doing weights and I started gaining weight from muscle, so I stopped using the scale and started measuring how many inches I've lost. 

This is when I started gaining a lot a lot of weight. At the time I was in college living in a little apartment struggling to pay rent and drinking coke and eating ramen noodles every night. 

 
This was around my worst. Christmas 2010.
The military just moved us to Holloman AFB, NM and it was rough. I gained about 40 more pounds here. I was about 200 lbs. I never posted these photo's because I was so ashamed of how I looked. 

I was still about 188 here but this was May 2013 and I started taking my health seriously. This is Joe and I after the Color Me Rad 5k Run.  

This was me yesterday, August 3rd 2013. I still have a lot to go, but I'm half way there!

200 lbs vs 170 lbs

FAQ:
How did you do it?
Simple. I ate right and I worked out hard.
I cut out sodas, most sugars (although I still cheat), and unhealthy carbs (still cheat sometimes).
I try not to cheat a lot.
People always want an easy way out to lose weight. Guess what? THIS WAS EASY! At first, it's the hardest thing to do. But when you get the ball rolling, your day doesn't feel right if you don't work out. I still eat my cravings, just not nearly as much and cut down my portions, or I found a substitute. 
Another thing is that people think, well if I just exercise, but still eat whatever I want, I'll lose weight. You probably will. At first. Then nothing else will happen. You probably won't gain weight, but you will definitely not lose any weight. Trust me I tried that method for about a year.

What type of exercises do you do?
The answer would be shorter for what exercises don't I do. I try to do everything and keep it rotating. I don't want my body to get used to anything and if I do do an exercise again I increase the weights or intensity. 

What type of foods do you eat?
Again, simple. Meats, fruits, veggies, nuts, cheese, eggs, anything healthy!
I try to stay away from unhealthy carbs. If i do have tortillas they're Tumaro's or flat out's (these have flax seed and they're only 100 calories and they're really good!) I don't eat bread, I eat Dreamfield's low carb pasta and not a lot of it. Every meal I have a fruit or vegetable. And water. I drink half of my body weight in water. 

If you have any questions, please let me know and I'll answer them right away!

No comments:

Post a Comment