Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Day 8: Operation Eat Clean

So, last night I fell in the tub. I was taking a bath, grabbed hold of the sides of the tub, and my right hand slipped, scrapping my right arm against the very hard side of the tub. I have a huge bruise on my right arm and it hurts...a lot. 
Anyway, wanted to share my senior moment. 
Yesterday, a girlfriend asked me if I moved out of the 170's. I said no not yet, why? She said I looked like I dropped a good chunk of weight. Which made me feel amazing. She even kept interrupting herself to tell me, "Seriously, you look so good!" The scale has definitely not been my friend; it's good to know that I actually am losing weight.

Today's Breakfast:
What? Not coffee?? yea... remarkable!
Chai Tea and Pumpkin Oatmeal with Pure Maple syrup on top and my vitamins.

I actually didn't like the oatmeal after I ate a spoonful, so I had a muffin instead.

Still super sore today. My bones feel brittle, I have shin splints (I think from my new running shoes) and my muscles are sore too. I don't think I'm going to go to Zumba today, but I'm going to do yoga, a run, and my arm day.

Pre-workout juice:


I'm running with all my might and this is my dog, Triskit.

Moooommmm! Are ya coming??
He actually kept running forward and running back to me the whole time.
Way to make me feel like nothin', Triskit.


It didn't really matter anyways. My shins skilled me right off the bat.
I tried to make it as far as I could, but I went back home.

And I wrapped my shins in ice packs.

Dinner though was pretty good!

Fish Taco's with a fruit salad!
And this time I made them with one 100 calorie tortilla.
Last time, I made them with 2 small white flour Mission tortillas. This time I used Flat Out's wheat and flax seed wraps and cut them in half.
Fish tacos included a beer battered cod (surprisingly healthy), cabbage mix for cole slaw, shredded carrots and a chipotle cream (Greek yogurt and sour cream)

Then after a few hours of recovery, I went to the gym and did my arm day:
(In each hand, so double the weight)
Inside Curls: 12 lbs, 3/12 (3 reps of 12)
V ups: 10 lbs 3/12
Tricep Dips: 3/12
Hammer Curls: 12 lbs 3/12
Fly's: 10 lbs 2/12, 12 lbs 1/12
Reverse Fly's: 10 lbs 1/12
In and Out curls: 10 lbs 3/12
Kick Backs: 10 lbs 1/12
Shoulder Shrugs: 17.5 lbs 3/12
Overhead Press: 10 lbs 3/12
Chest Press: 12 lbs 3/12

Tricep extension: (only 1 weight) 17.5 lbs 3/12

I over did it. I was so maxed out that I could barely push the door open to leave the gym and to drive home.
I'm gonna feel it tomorrow, for sure!


Recovery smoothie
Orange juice, 1/2 banana, 1/2 cup pineapple, 1/2 kiwi, 1/4 cup strawberry, 1 scoop Body Fortress Vanilla Whey Protein powder.

And now, I'm off to take a hot, hot, hot shower and go to bed!
Good night all!

No comments:

Post a Comment