Friday, August 23, 2013

Apps I use

I received a question from x0m36a asking if I use any apps and what do I use.

Well, I do use apps and am always on the search for more. If you have any that you think I should try out, I'd love to know.

My top favorite:

  • NikePlus - My #1 app I use on my phone to track my running. I love it because it has GPS tracking, and tracks your pace and the elevation. I can also view my runs online and compare them to last runs.   can also connect it to Facebook so it'll remember my password and posts when I run and it'll have a cheer sound for you when your friends like it. Nike does so well tracking every little detail for your runs and I love it. I like to race against myself and out-best myself constantly, so with this app, I can do just that. Plus, you can connect your music to it and pick a power song.
  • Endomodo - Endomondo is great for tracking just about anything outdoors. I mostly use it for walking and playing tennis. But what I love most about it is that when you're done working out, it'll post onto myfitnesspal how many calories you burned.
  • Myfitnesspal - Best calorie/food/workout tracker. I love that I can use it from an app or online. I can fix it up however I want it and post recipes and it'll save them. There are a lot of great people who are working on the same goals as you and you can friend them or find your Facebook friends and keep each other accountable. (Add me at blkenigma8)
  • Instagram - this is more of a motivational app. I post my results, foods I eat, motivational words, the works. I love getting tips/ praise from other people, even if I don't know them or doing the same for other people who have lost weight. (Follow me at blkenigma)
Others I use:
  • Nike Training Club - This is great for at home workouts. I mostly use this in the winters and I don't  ant to go to the gym. It definitely gets your heart working and leaves you sore the next day. There's also a lot of variety so you won't get bored. 
  • Calories Burned Calculator - This app has a lot of workouts listed under it to choose from. Like A LOT. you put in your current weight and height how long you did the activity and calculate. It's a great way to be as accurate as you possibly can.
  • LifeKraze - I love this app just as motivation. I post what I've done in the day and people comment or they give me high fives or points. Its like instagram, but with pictures and words but without the negativity. 
  • Sworkit - this app I've only used a few times. It gives you a lot of moves to try out. I mostly use it for stretching if I'm trying to stretch a specific area and I don't know what to do. 


No comments:

Post a Comment