Thursday, April 11, 2013

Tilapia Tots

Sounds really weird, I know. BUT! I hate fish. Can't stand the smell, can't stand the taste, can't stand the look of it. But my husband loves it, so I make it every once in a while. These were a hit. I made about 18-24 ish and they were all gone. This recipe was borrowed from 24/7 Low Carb Diner and I can't thank her enough. These were amazing!
They came out perfect little balls... how?? A cake pop machine. I have had mine for about 3 years and I think I've used it once, maybe twice. But when I read that she used a cake pop machine my mind exploded! The possibilities!! I will be for sure using it for meatballs soon.

Anyways, here is the recipe!
What you need:
2 Tilapia fillets 
2 eggs
1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup almond meal
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp lemon pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp salt

Bake the fish fillets until they flake with a fork at the thickest point.  
Place fillets in a medium bowl and flake. 
Let cool 5 minutes before stirring in the eggs. 
Add the cheese to this mixture. 
In a small bowl, combine almond meal, baking powder, lemon pepper, garlic powder and salt. 
Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and stir. 
Use a scoop to place the fish mixture into the cavities of a cake pop maker. 
Bake for 5 minutes. If pan frying, melt some coconut oil in a skillet until hot. Use a scoop to place about 2 tablespoons of mixture onto the hot pan.  Smooth the edges with a spoon. Fry until golden on both sides and set in the center.
Makes 18 tots. 
To serve 4: these have 201 calories, 6 g carbs. 21 g protein 11 g fat and 2 g fiber. 



I also made sweet potato to go with it.
I sprinkled garlic powder, chipotle seasoning, salt and pepper on them and baked for 30 minutes at 375. They were magnificent!
I also made steamed broccoli and a salad.
Hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment