Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Peanut Butter and Jelly Protein Shake


Who doesn't enjoy the childhood go to sandwich: PB & J?? 
Other than my insane weirdo of a husband. (I know, right?)
Well, here is a twist on the classic PB&J
A PB&J Protein Shake.
Admit it, I blew your mind a little.

Ingridients:
1/2 Almond Milk
1/4 cup Pure Peanut Butter (Not processed, no sugars, just PB)
5 strawberries
1 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein powder (I used 1/2 a scoop of Body Fortress)

Blend and enjoy!

One of my first responses to this shake was "uhh isn't that unhealthy?" Alas, it is not.
329 Calories, 22 g Carbs, 17 g Fat, 22 g Protein, 6 g Fiber, 9 g Sugar

Peanuts are a healthy fat and have so many nutrients as well as it being a great source of protein. It is also considered to be a 'designer' antioxidant. Next to grape skins, peanuts are the richest source of resveratrol, a supplement known to extend life and have been known to produce better endurance. 


Sources:



No comments:

Post a Comment