Thursday, September 12, 2013

Strawberry Raspberry Banana Smoothie - Jamba Juice Copy Cat


Raspberries are amazing. I recently stated liking them, myself, and I can't get enough of them!

Raspberries are so rich on Vitamin C. 1 cup of them has 32 mg, which is about 54% daily value (based on a 2000 calorie diet), Manganese (Mineral important in forming bones, connecting tissues, blood-clotting factors, sex hormones, and is involved in fat and carbs metabolism, calcium absorption, and blood sugar regulation. It is also important for the brain and nerve function) 41% daily value, and dietary fiber (32% daily value).
The list goes on and on for vitamins and minerals. And they are so great in smoothie, salads, pastries/desserts, again, list goes on and on.

I bring raspberries up because I was craving them today.
I was craving a raspberry smoothie. 
This is my own attempt to make Jamba Juice's Strawberry Raspberry Banana Smoothie.
(I went there once thinking that they would make beyond amazing smoothies. They were good, but they didn't add in any secret ingredient to make it their own and super special, so I make my own now.)
Recipe:
1/4 cup Pure Orange Juice
1/2 cup Raspberries (I like frozen)
1/4 Strawberries (again, frozen)
1/2 Banana
1/2 scoop Vanilla Whey Protein powder

And presto. I gotta say, mine was better than Jamba Juice. 
(I like frozen better because the smoothie's aren't as liquid-y and obviously, makes it colder)
This was my recovery smoothie. I only used a half a scoop of protein powder because I plan on having another smoothie later after I run when the set starts setting. 

Blog Parties:
Sources:

No comments:

Post a Comment