Wednesday, October 2, 2013

October Challenge

I am challenging myself to a few things this month. Why? I have been at 170-172 for the last month or 2. It needs to stop. I'm not even losing inches. I'm just steadily stagnant. I hear this is actually quite common when losing weight. But what do you do when you hit a plateau? You do something different.
I almost signed up for Shakeology, Beachbody's meal program where you replace one meal with a shake. It's $120 for one month and you have to continuously do it for I don't know how long. I'm not trying to bash it, but I did a little bit of research. I read a lot of good reviews for it, other than being pricey, but I thought, what is the difference between this and making your own smoothie or shake every day as a meal replacement? So, this is one of my goals.


  • Smoothie/shake every day as meal replacement. 
I've already been in a smoothie kick already, so why not? I will post more smoothie/shake recipe's for you, as well. 

Second, I have a cheat day every Saturday. I rest that day and I eat good for breakfast and lunch, but dinner I go out to eat with my husband, as a date, and we don't eat like Olive Garden every Saturday night, but sometimes, they're bad places like Papa Johns, sometimes, they're reasonable like Panera or Jason's Deli. I don't know if anyone else can relate, but every time I have a meal, it has to be an amazing meal. If not, it's so disappointing. When I eat out, I like to EAT! Eating is an experience to me, not just to live. I love tasting things, I think I was supposed to be an exquisite french chef in this life, but I'm not. This is my problem! I eat because I enjoy the experience! Not to get nutrients! Now my aspects are changing. I eat to get the proper nutrients. You can still eat fabulously and healthy at the same time. But still, I always have the cheat meal. So....
  • No eating out this month.
Not at all. No lunches with girlfriends, no date night at a restaurant, no ''I don't feel like cooking tonight". I've already planned my meals throughout this month, so there's no excuses. 

I've also planned out a few workout challenges this month:

  • Plank challenge
  • Be able to fully run a mile
  • Splits Challenge
The splits one is mostly my own thing. I've been stretching after every workout to slowly stretch out my hips more and more for flexibility. 

Two more things:
  • Drink half of my body weight in fl oz of water (so, as of now 86 fl oz or 10.75 cups)
  • Log everything that enters my mouth onto Myfitnesspal.com 
I used to log everything I ate for about 3 or 4 months. It got to a point where I was eating throughout the day just guessing how much everything was in calories and I would log it all at the end of the night and I was right! So I stopped logging and just trusted myself. Every one in a while I would check to see if I was doing good and I still was. But then I went on vacation and ate whatever I wanted and didn't workout. It screwed me over. So I'm back to logging. If you would like to add me, my user name is blkenigma8




No comments:

Post a Comment