Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Hi There!


I love food.
Like...a lot.
So much so its borderline a problem.
I wasn't a problem until I was about 14-15
I don't look fat, do I?
That was the problem. I thought I was.
My family comes from Puerto Rico, so I always knew that I was a bit thicker.
Not fat, just uhhh... curvy?
My lower body exploded around this age. People said I was coming of age but I heard them saying I was getting fat. 
If you are a guy reading this, do you know what girls do when they are sad? or feel fat? or just on their period? They eat. Brownies, cookies, ice cream, cake, carbs, carbs and more carbs. 
I started getting bigger.

Once, when I was in 3rd or 4th grade, I broke my arm playing soccer. I was so scared to play and I don't know what else happened. I just never wanted to do anything. I never worked out. I never did anything active. 
Anyways, fast forwarding to about 2 years ago. I was at my biggest. 
I was hitting 200 lbs here. I'm 5'1''. 200 lbs??? I can't believe that that is me! 
According to my BMI, I am Obese. Obese? Me? 

Anyways, why I am doing this is because 2013 is my bitch (pardon, but it is a much needed word right now). I am tired of trying to lose weight and saying "When I'm skinny..." or "When I lose weight...". No more. I'm done with it. 
I've tried a lot of programs out there: weight watchers (which started to work but I got bored), counting calories myself, special k plan, slim fast, Skinny pills, the works. 
But I have finally found something that works! No, this is not a crazy drink nothing but a gross water recipe for 8 days straight plan. 
CARBS! I don't want to go into the details of why you should eat less, but here is a fun educational poster.

Or watch Fat Head. 
Tom Naughton took the documentary Super Size Me to a whole new level. He wanted to prove that you can eat out like the guy from Super Size me and not gain weight. It was all about portion control when it came to carbs. Carbs has so much sugar in it that even if you're eating a 'diet' bread or cupcake there's still so much sugar in it.
Or something like that. My husband took more out of it. but I recommend watching it. It is eye opening. It's on Netflix watch instantly.
That's it!
I can eat (within reason) as much meats, cheeses, nuts, seeds, fruits, veggies as I want!
That doesn't mean you can't have carbs sometimes! I allow myself one day where I can eat carbs. I have been doing this for about a month or so and when I do eat carbs, I can only have a few bites because it is so filling! I feel like my stomach has gotten a lot smaller because of it.
There are a lot of substitutions out there that you can use instead of carbs. 
That's what I'm doing with this blog.
I need help with variety. This will not only help me but help others who are on a low carb diet.

Please, if you do not agree with my diet, then don't comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment